Chivalry
A word to describe knighthood in the past
The word is derived from the French word "chevalerie", itself derived from "chevalier", which means knight, derived from "cheval", horse (indicating one who rides a horse).(wikipedia)
but Today, the terms chivalry and chivalrous are often used to describe courteous behavior, especially that of men towards women. (also from Wiki)
but I'm going to blog about the modern chivalry,
which in Malaysian terms is known as "gentlemen"
etc, open door for ladies
However, chivalry is the Grey area between feminism
and old fashion gestures (strictly my opinion)
I myself not really fond of the idea of feminism,
I support the foundation of feminism as it provide equal opportunity,
but, the only thing that bothers me, is that
they also wan the benefits of the old time gestures,
and they dont really fight for feminist right to the end
(I still don't see feminist fight for the right to gain equal jail time with men)...
so they have equal opportunity, and the old time right to demand chivalry from men
now back to chivalry
Take this opening door for ladies for example ,
you see, ladies can open their door themselves,
so if we as male open the door for them,
are we declining modern feminism ..
or .... well, just being gentlemen...?
Now who you wan to be ?
or

there is a price for equal rights ...
kill chivalry...
boonboon2k2
I admit i not much of a cheval myself,
I'm not a horse/knight...




No comments:
Post a Comment